Update: Application Period Closed As Of 6/5/19
The Muse Collaborative is a nonprofit organization based in Camden, NJ that promotes excellence in, expression through, and appreciation for the hip-hop arts. We provide meaningful programming for rappers, DJs, graffiti artists, and our community in both highly structured and non-structured environments.
We are seeking a part-time program coordinator for educational youth programming and our VINYL Discussion Series. Candidates for the position should be driven, deeply committed to the people of Camden City, and comfortable working in a flexible environment.
- Lead after-school programs and summer camp sessions for youth in K–12 settings
- Facilitate evening discussions based around hip-hop albums, culture, and experience
- Develop hip-hop centric curriculum focused on literacy, history, and music appreciation
- Increase program participation and strengthen relationships with community partners
- Track, evaluate, and respond to relevant programming data
- Increase program generated revenue and assist with fundraising efforts
- Experience working with youth in urban, K–12 environments
- Excellent written, digital, and verbal communication skills
- Deep knowledge of hip-hop arts, culture, history, and advocacy
- Reliable personal transportation and the ability to lift and transport loads up to 60 lbs.
- Technological savvy with platforms like Slack, Google Drive, and WordPress
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
This position requires 15–20 hours of work per week. While weekly classes run with community groups take place at set times, other position responsibilities can be completed on a flexible schedule. Compensation for this position ranges from $15 to 17 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Applicants should send a cover letter describing their interest in the position, a current resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled shortly after the application period closes on 06/05/2019.